At Woodside, we know that real truth is based on solid teaching. Below is a list of some of the things we believe that the Bible genuinely shows us. If there’s something you’d like to know more about, please ask. We’d love to talk to you about it.
Our Statement of Faith
- In the Scriptures, Old and New Testament, as the inspired Word of God, which are entirely trustworthy, and without error in the original writings. They are the complete revelation of God’s will for salvation of people and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- In one God, Almighty, Creator of all things, holy and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is gracious, merciful, compassionate, and steadfast in love. He is also the righteous Judge of all.
- In the Lord Jesus Christ, true God and true Man, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary in His incarnation. He lived a sinless life, died on the cross as a perfect sacrifice for our sins, was buried and rose bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven, was exalted by the Father and now intercedes as our High Priest and Advocate.
- In the Holy Spirit, co‑equal with the Father and the Son, who glorifies the Lord Jesus, convicts people of sin, regenerates the believing sinner, and indwells all Christians. He guides, instructs, empowers, and gives gifts to believers for godly living and for service in building up the body of Christ.
- That mankind, who was created in the image and likeness of God, has sinned and is guilty before a holy God.
- Salvation is provided through the death and resurrection of Christ and is the only ground for a sinner’s justification and acceptance by God. All who receive the Lord Jesus by faith are redeemed by His blood and are born of the Holy Spirit. They become children of God and have eternal life.
- In the personal return of the Lord Jesus to take all believers to be with Him forever. His coming is to be expected at any time and will be followed by the wrath of God upon unredeemed society.
- That the true Church is a living, spiritual Body of which Christ is the Head. It is composed of all those who are genuine believers.
- In the two ordinances for the church:
- Baptism by immersion as an expression of a believer’s identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection and a commitment to follow Him.
- The Lord’s Supper which is a remembrance of Christ.