Here at Woodside we value God’s ideal plan for thriving marriages.
The marriage ministry at Woodside endeavours to encourage, enrich, equip and point marriages towards Hope. We care about the marriages within our church family and in our community (those that are thriving and those that are struggling alike), and desires to encourage individuals and couples towards a deeper relationship with Jesus and one another. A cord of three strands is not easily broken (Eccl. 4:12).
Events Marriage Team Host:
Date Night: We are excited to host a few date nights throughout the year. Each date night’s purpose is to create an environment for couples to connect, have fun together, get to know other couples and be encouraged by God’s Word.
Equip Classes: Equip Classes are about enriching marriages through the Word of God. We meet together for two 6-week sessions during the ministry year in a welcoming, safe environment, where we grow and learn together – and there is always coffee and snacks served. Childcare is provided.
Marriage Mentors: We believe that God wants to use regular married couples to walk alongside other married couples to encourage, support, strengthen and point each other to the hope we have in Jesus.
Here are some details of the program:
- Approximately 1 year commitment
- Meet once a month for 90 minutes
- Mentor couples are married for a minimum of 7 years
- Mentor couples are 10 years + older than the mentee couples
- Mentors & mentees will be provided with a conversation guide to work through at each session.
- Mentors and mentees will complete a ‘resume’ and will be matched by the Marriage Mentor Team